Sunday, August 26, 2007

SITM Contest # 2

So it's time for the second contest over at the Sock It To Me swap. The challenge is to post about your favorite yarn, including a picture and why it's your favorite yarn. (I have added the extra parameter of it being a sock yarn just because it's a sock swap...)
As far as I can tell, the hard part is choosing just one! However, if I had to choose just one yarn, I'd probably have to go with Fleece Artist Merino. Why? It's from Nova Scotia - go Martime Canadian products! It's 100% wool. It's machine washable. It's handpainted and the colours are gorgeous. And it has a great hand and springiness to it. I'd have to go for a dig through my sock drawer to get pics of all of my FA socks and ask for photos from people for whom I have knit socks with their yarns, but if you look here, you can see what I added to my stash back in February and then you can see what the skein in the middle grew up to be here. The skein on the right is currently travelling as part of the Knitters Virtual Vacation Swap. I tried to purchase a skein for my downstream pal, but that proved to be impossible (demand exceeds supply often) and that skein just about begged to travel. Want some for yourself? Check out their Where to Purchase List.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and catching up!

My favorite Star Trek Captain? Obviously Captain Kirk.