Sunday, August 26, 2007

SP11 Contest # 2

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
My retractable tape measure. I have lots of tape measures, but I love my retractable one the best... It's neat and tidy and used frequently!
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Don't leave home without it. I take my knitting pretty well everywhere. On vacation, to work, to social gatherings. And I usually take far more than I could ever hope to finish. I mean really, how fast would I have to knit to knit 2 pair of socks during my commute? Or two pair of socks and a shawl during a one week camping vacation... I do try to make sure that the projects are reasonably portable and don't involve more than 2 colours at a time.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Probably the Antrim Coast of Northern Ireland. My husband and I spent 10 days in Ireland before we got married. We had absolutely fabulous weather but the day that we spent on the Antrim Coast was simply breathtaking.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
Hmmm.... That's a tough one. I'm still quite in love with Sensational Knitted Socks and Cool Socks, Warm Feet. And yes, I do own both of them. More Sensational Knitted Socks is trying to tempt me, and I'm afraid that I may succumb to its charms.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
Typically, no. And I'll admit the shameful truth that I have never listened to a knitting podcast!
6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
This question is making me very anxious.... I'm going to have to say Green just because the guys in my family wouldn't be caught dead in Pink.
7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
That would seriously depend on what the mistake was and whether anyone other than I might ever know about it. I might go back and fix it, or I might decide to make the rest of the project consistent with the mistake. I'll explain that if I ever get my Camelot Socks done! The soles are wrong, but I quite like them.
8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
Probably business meetings, although I only ever knit at the internal ones. I had complaints about it once, but it was just someone being cranky. I asked my VP whether it had bothered her (so I could apologize if needed since it was her meeting) only to be met with a perplexed look. In her view it was productive and wasn't disruptive like people's cell phones and Blackberries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also in SP11 - wouldn't it have been funny if I was your SP for this too? Maybe you are mine LOL - really enjoy reading your blog

lulubelle said...

I do not understand AT ALL why people think it's rude of me to sit at a gathering (whether it be a meeting or a dinner or whatever) and knit while participating...but it's totally ok for them to answer calls on their cell phones or text someone. Sheesh.