Saturday, August 11, 2007

SPll Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer to knit with natural fibres. For me that includes things like Tencel, Rayon and most other natural based manmade fibres. It’s probably really only the petroluem product yarns that I object to – like 100% acrylic! Soft is good, too…
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I’ll interpret that as meaning other than in UFOs… I have a couple of recycled pickle jars for the straights. The circs hang off of the curlicue sort of thing on my sewing room curtain rod. (Measuring tapes hang on the other end.) My DPNs typically live in an odd black nylon case of sorts that my mother bought me… I have no idea what its intended use really was!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself how to knit from a book, borrowed from the library. I’m a lefty, who knits left – just try and find someone to teach that! I was about 15 when I learned. I’m probably at the intermediate to advanced end of things, depending on just how cocky I’m feeling on any given day.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but if this changes, I’ll make sure I update this. It could prove useful for not only swaps but family members…
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like the scents of Jasmine and Vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not exactly a sweet tooth – my favourite candies are sours!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew, do a little bit of cross stitch, a little bit of beading… I cook. Sadly, although I own a spinning wheel, I do not yet spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most music, but least favourite would be classical music, followed by country. And my computer can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like pinks, purples, blues and greens. I’m not a big fan of either brown or yellow, but I do like orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 2 sons (7 and 11 ½), 1 male cat and 2 gerbils (also male).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all 4.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I’m really enjoying both socks and lacy shawls and scarves these days.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A variety of socks, a shawl, an afghan, a few sweaters… I think that I may have developed knitting related ADD – do you think that I need help?
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Oh – tough question. I don’t have any strong preference, although I am enjoying bamboo more and more all the time. I really like my Pony Pearls, too, but don’t really enjoy knitting with my inexpensive plastic needles anymore – but I’ll probably keep them for sentimental reasons.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder, but alas, no swift…
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Is there a prize for the oldest UFO? No??? Too bad…! My oldest UFO that was started by me is a felted baby jacket that I started 14 years ago.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I’m not sure! Thanksgiving maybe. Sometimes it is good to take a few minutes to just be grateful for everything we have.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Beads and buttons. I like to have something a little bit different.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A skein of either Socks That Rock Yarn or Jitterbug. I can’t get either of them locally – maybe in the region, but not anywhere all that close. And I have a subscription to Interweave Knits - love it!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’m sure that there are, but I just can’t think of them right now. I’ll edit if something comes to mind, okay?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am a sock knitter. Feet are 9.75 inches by 9.75 inches. I typically wear a size 9 (North American) shoe, medium width.
23. When is your birthday?
July 4, 1964.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
No – I’m not on Ravelry.

Did I miss anything? Not enough detail - just ask!

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Ah, you're a July the 4th baby. But wait, you're canadian... hee hee. I was going to say, does it suck to share your bday with Independence day, but you're a Canuck like me. I sometimes have to share my birthday with Father's day....! Your SP11 Hostess, Robyn (www.robynsnest.ca)

Anonymous said...

Let the Shopping Begin!!

Annony