Sunday, August 12, 2007

Destination: Wollongong, Australia

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my Virtual Vacation swap package arrived on Thursday, and I think that the following words are appropriate: Wow! Awesome! Amazing! I was actually speechless for a few moments and anyone who knows me will attest to how incredibly, incredibly rare this type of occurrence is! My spoilee was Donyale, and she spoiled me quite nicely, thank you!
There was a skein of Australian wool sock yarn that she dyed herself (colourway: Urban Grind), 2 balls of Lana Gatto "Cabiria", an incredibly different and unique scarf that floats and flies when you wear it, it is made out of some of Donyale's hand spun and some other novelty yarns (this will match my hot pink cut velveteen jacket perfectly - photos later in the Fall of me wearing it!), tourist information on Wollongong and surrounding area, some Australian stickers and temporary tattoos, a magnet, a set of 2mm Crystal Palace bamboo needles, a magnetic row counter, a pattern booklet of cushions and throws and last but not least - a tube of Vegemite all wrapped in the most lovely paper with Australian flora and fauna on it! Now - I'm going to try and get all of the photos in order to match the list - wish me luck!






Oh, and Donyale's work is marketed as "Moggy and Me". Thank you again Donyale - its a TERRIFIC swap package that will bring me much enjoyment. I'm sure that I've forgotten to mention everything, but that's just because there is so much!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much - I am really glad you liked it all - Wollongong is an easy place to spoil from cause we have so much lovely things to show off.

km said...

Such fun stuff! Let me know what you think of the VEGEMITE. C wants all our kids to try it when we study Australia.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

WOW! What a great package! So much fun stuff. I'm curious, too, to hear what you think of vegemite. (of course, now, Men at Work are singing in my head...

Stephanie Cake said...

what a wonderful package!! I'm sooooo jealous of all those lovely things... and altho Vegemite isn't my cup of tea, I can't think of any North American foodstuffs that come in cool squeeze tubes like that... our friends down under are so cool!

Jane said...

Very nice! I knew I should have 'vacationed' in Australia!

Jane's Designs said...

Great swap goodies. Your a very lucky girl, except maybe for the vegemite it sounds a bit scary LOL.

Melissa said...

What a great vacation!