Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In Search of Peace and Happiness - Day 7

I think that I may have realized why I started this "search" last Wednesday, and not last Monday.  I'm realizing that Monday and Tuesday can be kind of steep, and maybe a little hard on the head and the body...  Since Mr. Me has business in Halifax this week, I have been driving to work.  Driving does not make me happy.  I much prefer travelling on my regular commuter bus.  Driving results in car maintenance.  It doesn't make me happy to pay for car maintenance either.  Today's maintenance included 2 new all season tires.  At least I'm safe?  Or more importantly, my kids are safe when they are in the car with me.
Tonight is the English language debate amongst our "national" leaders and possible contenders for the post of Prime Minister of Canada...  Believe it or not, I am planning on watching.  I'm not entirely sure what this election is about!  As far as I can tell, there aren't any really pressing issues.  However, it does make me happy to know that I live in a democracy, where it is my right to have a say in the governance of my country.  I may even do my taxes while I watch...  Bureaucratic multitasking - here I come!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

There you go with the tax thing again. They're next on my agenda.

Monday and little monday can be brutal...