Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Search of Peace and Happiness - Day 14

Do you ever feel like you're stuck in a rut?  That would be me these days, which probably at least in part explains why I'm trying to figure out the things that actually bring me little bits of happiness and peace.  Many days, it is easier to find the things that have annoyed me or just niggled at me...

It has occurred to me that part of the reason I feel like I am in a rut is that I cannot count!  This could be a bad thing for a qualified accountant, no?  I did Day 8 twice!!!  We are now back on track.  Today really is Day 14.  If I was superstitious, I could try claiming that it was an effort to avoid Day 13, which was really yesterday, but that would be a lie.  I have no issues with numbers.  Days of the week?  Well that is another story, but considering that I have been finding Mondays and Tuesdays difficult, I may have to revisit my longstanding dislike of Thursday.  Maybe Thursday isn't so bad after all and was just misunderstood in my youth?

Today was an odd and solitary day at the office.  There were very few people around as the vast majority of the staff on the floor where my office is located were away at a meeting.  I live in an odd limbo kind of world anyways.  My office is physically located in one city, but I report to a different branch in a different city.  Back in the summer following "The Big Un-Invite" (I'll tell the story some other time), I was removed from all e-mail distribution lists that relate to the city where my office physically is...  That means that until I found another living and breathing person this morning, I had the odd feeling that maybe I wasn't supposed to be at work today.

While I am not sure that I am the most social person, I do find it disconcerting when no one is around to even say "Hi" to.  Tomorrow will be much that same at the office, but considering that it is the third Wednesday of the month, I am happy in anticipation of going knitting tomorrow night.  I haven't been able to go in months and I have really very much missed it.  We are a very eclectic bunch of ladies, but we always have so much fun.  Now - if only the weather forecast was better and I didn't have to be anxious about - wait for it - up to 15 cm (6 inches) of snow and ice pellets...  Hey - Winter, you have overstayed your welcome!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

So your happy is that you figured out your rut?

Personally, I like the peace at the office when I'm alone. I like it even better when the fur-girls are with me, as contradictory as it is!