Saturday, April 9, 2011

In Search of Peace and Happiness - Day 4

Today in New Brunswick has been a beautiful spring day.  It was warm enough - and sunny enough - for me to hang my laundry on the line to dry and to have a beer outside with Mr. Me.  More specifically, a nice bottle of Alexander Keith's IPA...  Being able to do either of these activities makes me happy, but doing both on the same day?  Priceless!  After what seems like an eternity of winter, it is nice that is finally warm enough that the laundry won't freeze solid (nothing like standing up your jeans in the corner) and even though there is still snow on the ground, it is warn enough in the sun to sit outside in just a sweater and be comfortable. 
Having grown up in a suburban area, listening to the sounds of nature that spring brings to my dooryard while I consume the above mentioned beer brings me peace.  It makes me realize how very lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place, surrounded by nature and lots of space.
On a different, and much sadder note, the passing of Alex LeBlanc has made me appreciate my children - even when they are annoying - just a little bit more.  My boys didn't know him, but he lived just one village over and they did have many mutual friends.  I can't even imagine the grief that his family must be bearing.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

I'm so glad you had some happy to ebb and flow with the sad. Nature always restores peace for me too.