Thursday, April 21, 2011

In Search of Peace and Happiness - Day 16

I took today as a vacation day.  That means that including today, I have 5 days off in a row!  Yippee!!!  I'm feeling very much the need to recharge a bit.  Today was spent doing some housework, some cooking, a little cross stitch and some knitting.  All in all, a very peaceful kind of day.  I like being at home.
One of Mr. Me's friends has a wife that I have never gotten along with.  I could come up with a number of reasons as to why, with me being able to find fault on both sides, but I think that the crux of it is that our life views are very different.  She simply must have a large group of people around her at all times and have plans made months in advance.  For me, that causes stress.  I like nothing more than hanging out at home and puttering around, either alone, with family or with friends.  For her, that would be an indicator of failure in her life.  For me, the peace of my home is a sign of success.
I should also say that I am happy today because I finally found my camera!  Now to get those batteries charged and upload some photos...

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Yay for the camera!

It's hard to find a couple where BOTH spouses like BOTH other spouses, isn't it?