Thursday, April 7, 2011

In Search of Peace and Happiness - Day 2

One of the benefits of trying to find some small thing that makes me happy everyday, is that I am having to think about what makes me happy and why - and try not to take the small things for granted. Colour makes me happy! Now this shouldn't have been any great revelation, but I realized this morning that I am finding myself smiling everytime I walk by a window with a display spring clothing or other spring goods. I am loving how all of the gorgeous pinks, purples and greens make me feel. They make me feel bright and optimistic. Perhaps the winter blacks, greys and navies need to move to the back of the closet - unless I have a very serious business meeting - for a little while. I am going to have to either start carrying my camera with me, or get better with my web cam, if I am going to keep this up. I would have loved to have posted photos of the windows of some of the local stores made me smile this morning. With the colours in the shops, spring flowers cannot be far behind. Happy spring day!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

I agree - color makes me happy too!