Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Very Good Day

All in all, today was a good day!
1. I got a message from my KTE Treator to let me know that she has posted my package. I'll be watching the mail very closely!
2. I got to do some shopping for my KTE Treatee. I'm trying to keep it Canadian, and so for, so good! I hope that she'll be pleased. I really enjoy shopping for gifts for other people, and you can't really object to getting to spend a little bit of time in your LYS, now can you? I still have a few more things to add to the package before I try to find a box for it all and pop it in the mail.
3. I am finished French Language Training!!! Oupi! Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for some of my classmates, which is very difficult. After you've spent months with the same people and have gotten to know them, it is very difficult when some of you are done, while others have to continue. Now here is where the grumpy label comes in. Officially, the evaluators have 48 hours to evaluate the oral interview. Two of us did our interviews on Tuesday, and we both had to wait longer than that. Two did the interview yesterday. They found out their results first! Very, very, very stressful. Sometimes the working of government is beyond baffling - don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to have a good job, but sometimes it is very difficult to understand bureaucracy, even from the inside.