Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And the Answer Is...

I'm so excited! My KTE Treator left a "Hello" - yippee!!! This is my first anonymous swap - can you tell that I'm excited?
When I started to go through the other blogs of the KTE swappers, I started to wonder why I hadn't interpreted the questions the same way. Sometimes I think that I am much to literal. I could have been much more forthcoming with information, but this does mean that I get to answer other questions, and since I like to pretend that "It's all about ME!", this is good. As the mother of 2 kids, I only succeed with this idea in my most delusional moments...
So - the question is what are my favourite colours? I love all shades of pink, purple, blue and green. The first two are definitely "girlie", but then I've always loved them. I tend to prefer cooler colours (you know - with a blueish or grayish undertone) to warm colours. I'm pretty iffy about browns, yellows and oranges.
I went for a power walk at lunchtime to replace my bamboo needles. While I did manage to get a new set, unfortunately they are longer than the originals, but sometimes you just have to make due. I had been trying to use a set that I had inherited from my Grandmother, but they just weren't working for me. I find that they aren't pointy enough and are too heavy. I had an interesting conversation with one of my classmates about knitting needles...

It went something like this:
Q: Aren't bamboo needles rough?
A: No, not at all. They're very nice to use.
Q: I thought that knitting needles were either metal or plastic.
A: Oh no - you can get bamboo needles, wooden needles, casein needles, metal or plastic. Casein is from cows milk. Casein needles are very nice to use, too.
Q: Do they make a special sound?
A: I prefer quieter needles, and besides, bamboo and casein are lighter and somewhat more flexible. Some plastic needles are good, too, but I can't get the good ones locally.
Conclusion: This knitting stuff is complicated.

C'mon - it is not...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exchanges ARE fun :) I just got info from my KTE pal also. And I actually have a pair of ebony needles - sadly I hate them. they are circs, and the join is just far too annoying on them, but the needles themselves knitted SO nicely.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the answer ! It will help me to prepare your gifts .
I will write another commentary when your package is ready . Be patient !
Take care.
Your KTE treater .