Saturday, April 7, 2007

And Then He Ate My Bamboo Needles...

So he didn't really eat them, just chewed them. I'll set the scene: a quiet evening watching television, knitting away on Mr. Me's socks, cat is sleeping soundly - I decide to check something on the computer. Nope, I don't even remember what it was that I wanted to look up. Since the cat was (apparently) sleeping soundly, I was lulled into a false sense of security, and foolishly did not place my knitting into a fabric bag, nor did I put it on top of any piece of furniture that would require significant effort for him to get to.
Hark - what's that sound? Answer: cat chewing on 2.25mm bamboo needles. New too, dontcha know? 2 of the 5 needles survived. The remainder are in the garbage...
On the shopping list: 2.25mm bamboo needles

Taken before their time, I had barely gotten to know them...
Rest in peace dear needles...

P.S. The red mohair shawl from a prior cat adventure about 1/3 done. I'll try to remember to post pictures.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hey, at least you'll have spares once you get the new set!

I have a pair of metal straight needles with puppy teeth marks in them. The dog that put them there died about three years ago at almost 15 years old. I like to think about her puppy teeth marks still there in that knitting needle--I just have to remember not to use that needle!