Thursday, March 15, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

My swap partner Scappyhappy put me on to the Knitters Treat Exhange. It is a one time swap. I'm new to the whole swapping experience, but must say that I am enjoying it very much. The questionnaire was fun to do - it made me think about things that I don't normally give a second thought.

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire
1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I have a strong preference for natural fibres. I don't mind a little bit of manmade as a blend, but I am a "fibre snob" when it comes to yarns that are completely manmade.
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
Aaaacccckrylic!
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
I start by doing a full walk around. I need to survey the store as a whole before I start to have a more thorough look. In thinking about this, I realize that I almost always do this in a circular fashion - counterclockwise.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I sew, cross stitch, a little bit of jewellery making. I'll try just about anything once!
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Interweave Knits
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting
Crochet / Other Craft (like beading!)
Fashion / Food
I've eliminated the other categories because I don't tend to either read or buy them.
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
Right now I tend to knit a lot of socks. I also do scarves and shawls. I haven't done much crocheting. As a lefty, I have trouble getting my head around it... I've only done a few scarves.
8. Are you allergic to anything?
Only penicillin.
9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
I love the smell of Jasmine. Unfortunately, scents are forbidden in my workplace, so I have to sneak... ssshhhh....
10. What's your favourite way to relax?
The rather obvious answer is knitting! In reality, I enjoy just about anything that involves fibres, but when I am really stressed, I find the repetitive action of knitting to be incredibly soothing.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
I start at the tea room.
12. What do you come out with?
A sense of contentment, having enjoyed a nice pot of Earl Grey with scones, clotted cream and jam.
13. Where do you go next?
This is a good question - I need to know what I'm having for dinner, since I'm probably going to buy something for dessert. Probably the bakery for something lovely and fiddly that I wouldn't make at home.
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I love this quote from Louise Erdrich "Love won't be tampered with, love won't go away. Push it to one side and it creeps to the other."

No comments: