Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Baby It's COLD Outside!

And it's not exactly warm inside either! Oh - the fun of living in an old house. Good thing that I have some nice warm socks... And sometimes I even do the laundry and pair them all up! And sometimes I finish a new pair...


I finished the "Falling in Love Socks" a couple of weeks ago (before Quebec actually), but this is the first chance that I've had to post the picture.
I started with the short row heel variation, but didn't like it. There wasn't nearly enough room for my fat heels and ankles, so I said "redo" and tried the gusset heel. Much better! They were fun to knit and the pattern made interesting enough that they seemed like a very quick knit. They are now living in "The Magic Bag" awaiting the decision - wear them or gift them? It depends on which come first - a "down" day or the need for a last minute gift!
I have the mohair shawl about half cast on... again! Also on the needles: Laura Andersson's "Crazy Eights Socks" (a great way to use up some of those leftovers!), Lucy Neatby's "Camelot Socks" (it's been a while for these) and Infiknit "Walking Away Socks" (the cable version), and far too many other sweaters to mention!
Stay warm!

No comments: