Thursday, March 22, 2007

Finished Objects

March has been a fairly productive month! These are my "Crazy Eights" socks. I'm not sure that I exactly followed Dr. Laura's instructions about having a harmonious colour theme, but I am very pleased with how they turned out. It was a pleasure to knit them, and an excellent way to use up some bits and pieces of leftover sock yarns. And you'll notice my little friend in the background... It's a good thing that he is cute, although hopefully his "operation" will take some of the starch out of him - one week to go!





























Also making the FO list in good time are the "Walking Away" socks. I didn't notice it until well into the second sock that the colour repeat was VERY long! I had planned that they would be "identical" twins, but as you can see, they still ended up "fraternal"! They are pictured on the feet of their new owner, Mrs. M. Mrs. M. is perfecting her French with me, and since her husband overseas serving our country, I figured that she was more than deserving of a "parce que" gift that would keep her feet warm, since that is definitely high on a husband's list of important duties.
Last night was the regular meeting of FKG. Now I'm quite certain that we don't have nearly as much fun as KOL in Halifax, but I certainly had fun! This was my first meeting this calendar year, and I'm always surprised at how much I miss it. The lovely and talented CanKNITian was there, working with some bee-yoo-tee-full Lorna's Laces yarn... Sigh... I think that I need to do some serious shopping!

On another fun front, I received a FABULOUS swap package from ScappyHappy this week! It arrived on Tuesday, after having had a bit of an adventure with Canada Post I think, but considering that I had a bit of a meltdown on Tuesday, it was perfect timing, but then this swap experience seems to have all about timing... It has been a great experience! I've taken pictures, but you'll have to wait to see all my goodies - son the younger is demanding some Mom time!

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

canknitian said...

Thanks for always being such good company. And for the lovely compliment. The feeling is mutual, my friend.

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Love the Pink & Purple socks!!