I’ve done the 7 Random Things meme before, but since I’ve been tagged not once but twice with it again recently, I’m going to try to come up with 7 more randoms…
1. Growing up, the one thing that I would have NEVER answered if asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?” would have been “I want to be an accountant!” Yes, I am a Certified General Accountant.
2. Even once I started working on my Bachelor of Commerce at Dalhousie University and had accepted that somehow I was going to be an accountant, I very deliberately avoided applying for government jobs… I mean – who in their right mind would want to be a civil servant? I work for the Government of Canada.
3. While I enjoy singing, I don’t do it in public (except in church) following my solo in the Christmas concert when I was in first grade. I dropped my prop present into the audience… I wasn’t an empty box but rather a block of wood wrapped in Christmas paper! I’m lucky no one got hurt.
4. Growing up, our family pet was a rabbit. Its name was Mopsy. We had no idea whether Mopsy was male or female… Mopsy had an outdoor hutch.
5. I never ever cut class when I was in school. Even in university, I just couldn’t do it without a really good reason. I felt too guilty.
6. When I was in Grade 2, I was sent to the principal’s office because I had hit one of the boys in my class with my umbrella. I was protecting a friend of mine, so I wasn’t really punished, but both I and the little boy got a stern talking to. His name was Roland.
7. I am very ticklish! My sisters used to like to use this to their advantage when we were kids. They would wrestle into a blanket and one of them would hold me down while the other one tickled me until I begged for mercy.
I'm not going to tag anyone, since I've done this before, but if you haven't done this meme, considered yourself effectively tagged! (Leave me a comment to let me know that you've done it so that I can come over and read it, okay?) And for even more random facts about me, you could always read this.