I was having a conversation recently with a friend about movies. The conversation led to the question of what movies we each liked, and that made me think of the movie "meme" that both Crafty Canadian and CanKNITian had done a while ago. So I thought that I'd put it all in one place, although you can see that I'm feeling a little indecisive about some categories... Here goes "Miss Me's Movie Meme"!
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. An Officer and a Gentleman, Muriel’s Wedding, The Lover, Swept from the Sea, Sliding Doors, etc. – I own too many movies!
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Apocalypse Now, Parasite (BAD 3D horror movie…), A Clockwork Orange
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Okay, I know that this is weird, but – Willem Dafoe.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Sylvester Stallone
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from. Muriel’s Wedding
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Hmmm… I don’t think that there is one! I’m not big on musicals. Wait – how could I have missed this? Rocky Horror!
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. Muriel’s Wedding, The Jungle Book, Rocky Horror
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. Lawrence of Arabia, A Beautiful Mind
9. Name a movie you own. I own lots of movies, but I’ll choose a classic – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Marky Mark! Mark Wahlberg – he’s a terrific actor.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? The last thing I saw at the drive in was a double feature: ET and The Blues Brothers
12. Ever made out in a movie? Yes – but it’s been a long time… A looonnng time!
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. Gone With the Wind. I own it on video but have never watched more than an hour of it.
14. Ever walked out of a movie? Yes – Tess, with Natasia Kinsky.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Schindler’s List
16. Popcorn? I love popcorn, but I don’t like the smell of the fake butter – yuck!
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Not often. We’re more renters. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? Eragon
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Hmmm… Probably thrillers.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? It was a Disney film. I was about 4 or 5. Maybe Bambi? A re-release, clearly!
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen? The Mothman Prophecy. See 23 below…
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Sexy Beast
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? The Shining (terrifying) and The Mothman Prophecy (I didn’t sleep well for quite a while).
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? The Life of Brian is quite good. And I laugh at just about every Hugh Grant comedy that he’s made, despite some of his unfortunate encounters with the police…