Saturday, June 16, 2007

"5 S" - Miss Me's Sewing Room Tries to Go Lean

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a tidy person. I like my clutter. However, the clutter in my sewing room has reached unprecedented and uncontrolled chaos. Enter "5 S". I work with businesses, and one thing that we encourage of manufacturers is that they have lean, or efficient, organizations. And that's where "5 S" comes from.
What are they, you ask?
They are:
Sort
Set in Order
Shine
Standardize
Sustain
But the first step is to clear everything out of the work area first... This should be interesting. I'm going to bare it all by taking a before picture. Wish me luck! I'm off to clean. I wonder how many completely forgotten UFOs I'll find...!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah that'd be like my dream job... hahaha organizing crafty stuff. good luck!!

And I'm glad you're getting the gnome pattern too! I've been searching frantically for him!