Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hey - Who Turned Out the Lights???

No one really turned out the lights on me but it sure felt that way. I arrived home from work on Friday - right before the long weekend - to find out that our land line and our internet service was down... Mr. Me had been working from home on Friday, so he was here when it happened. Had he called for service? Why, yes, he had. When could we expect a resumption in service? Tuesday. When on Tuesday? Anytime between 8am and 5pm. It was an all day appointment. Now I sort of understand this, but I sort of don't... I can see that something might take longer than expected and you might have to call to say that you were running late, but to have someone sit around waiting for a service call just strikes me as a little bit ridiculous.
On the plus side, I was taking today off for the first day of school so I was going to be around regardless, but otherwise, someone would have had to have taken a vacation day. The service guy finally arrived just around 2pm. It took him about 5 minutes to figure out that it was a corroded wire and fix it! Almost 4 days without phone or internet service and then 5 minutes to fix it. I felt somehow cheated... Like it should have taken more of an effort...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't you just hate that! Those companies make a fortune and that's the nest that they can "do" for us.....

Glad it's all better now so that you can post away and catch us all up on stuff!

km said...

Sucks about the internet...but it probably made for good family time all weekend since no one could get online. Hope it was a great first day of school. I know it's not as big of a deal as the first day ever...but still...new teacher, new classroom, new friends. How fun.

Alison said...

Huh. And I thought it was bad when our phone service went on Thursday and the soonest they could come was Saturday between 8 and 12. That's only 4 hours of waiting. And then he fixed it without coming into the house. The first I knew he was here was when he called me from his cell in his truck to check if it was fixed before he left!

Steph said...

Sounds familiar - Ali@nt, right?

Stephanie Cake said...

oh that is so infuriating!!!! I feel your pain... I've had to deal with service calls so many times.

Happy back to school, by the way!

ps... check out my response to your comment on my recent post... i left you some links. ;o)