Saturday, May 26, 2007

The View From Here

And now for some follow up photos. First - my parlour, and yes, Anne, it is very Victorian. But then that's the house overall. It was started in 1872, with the first addition in 1873 and the second and final around the turn of the last century. The couple in the photo above the chair were the recipients of the original land grant. This is the chair that I like to knit in.

And this is the view from my porch swing... I took it this morning. As you can tell, we're a little bit overcast today, but it is going to be VERY warm today - around 28 degrees Celcius here. On a hot summer day, it is a fabulous place to sit and knit, just watching the world and the boats go by.

My little piece of heaven...

1 comment:

Alison said...

Yup, it has ended up a hot one, hasn't it? We must be having the sam weather system. Too hot--we got the sprinkler out to keep The Boy entertained. This evening should be nice though when it cools a bit.