Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WWCS Topic of the Week

For many people, Winter is a time of cold weather and snow - and many fun outdoor activities that can only be enjoyed during those times! What's YOUR favorite activity in Winter, and is it even outdoors??
I'm not the most athletic of people, so I'm not going to lie to you all and tell you how much I love to downhill ski... I tried it once. I have promised the kids that I will try it again, but it was a very humbling and humiliating experience. However, since we have lots of land (10.5 acres) and live slightly past the middle of nowhere, I do love to go for a walk in the woods with Mr. Me and the kids. It is a wonderful experience to walk through pristine snow in the absolute and utter quiet of a winter wood. All you can hear is the squeaking of the snow under your feet. Once the river is frozen, we often walk across to an old abandoned camp where we will sit in it's shelter and enjoy our thermos flasks of tea or hot chocolate. It's a great family activity, although I do need to get myself some snowshoes so that I can better keep up with the kids.

4 comments:

Ariel said...

I think that sounds like a perfect winter activity....... hangin' with your hubby and the kids and drinking hot chocolate. :-)

Lisa said...

That sounds so blissful. You should take some pictures this time and share with us......please.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Katie, take a walk in those snow covered woods for me. Although walking in snow is not a good idea for me, I am envious of your snow. Thank you for your comment on my "Today." post.
Peace,
Nancy

Dorothy said...

I'm so impressed that your kids woke you up to tell you they were going to bed. I think mine would stay up all night and fall asleep in front of the TV.

Sounds like you had a great day!