Friday, October 12, 2007

FFBE Question of the Week #3

How often do you change the purse or bag you're carrying? Do you change based on seasons? Outfits? Something else? What's your favorite bag in the world (and it doesn't have to be a knit/felted one!)?
I don't change the purse or bag that I'm carrying nearly often enough! I usually carry my black leather purse (which I thought that I loved when I bought it, but I don't) and often an LL Bean nautical flag tote. Depending on either what I'm wearing, what I'm doing or where I'm going, I may put the "essentials" into a different bag for a few days. I get bored of the basic black sometimes... When I'm going out for a day of shopping, I like to have a bag that has a strap that is long enough to wear across my body and that is just big enough for money, plastic, cell phone and lipstick. When I'm out for a day with the kids - it is still often a backpack.
If I was to choose just one bag as my favourite, it would have to be my leather backpack. It is almost 20 years old! It was a gift from a former employer when I decided to go back to university to study commerce. It's black and brown and has lived through many courses and exams with me, as well a rain, snow, floods and far to many moves to count. It's kind of old and battered - but I still love it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love my LL Bean totes too. They are great for all kinds of gear.

I have a leather purse that the Munchkin brought me back from her summer school in Italy last year and it is my favorite. But for work I use just a wallet and a tote that fits in my briefcase. that way I can have a free hand for my knitting bag.