Friday, January 8, 2010

Instant Gratification

More and more we live in a world of instant gratification. Everyone wants everything now! Whether I like it or not, I find myself sometimes falling into this exact same trap.
Yesterday I received an e-mail from our friends at Knitpicks about their indie down loadable patterns. There are some very tempting patterns over there... Now the pattern part fulfills the need for instant gratification, but would someone please figure out how to download the yarn, too? Otherwise, I'm still going to have to wait for the yarn to arrive... I find that somehow very unfulfilling. I wonder how far away we really are from Star Trek style transporters - that could work, too.
In the interests of trying to curb the trend towards the need for instant gratification, I have decided to allow this post, my 300th to pass as a regular post. I think that I may do something to celebrate my 3rd blogiversary at the end of the month instead.

Oh - and HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2010 be filled with exquisite fibres and items always knit perfectly to "gauge".

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Here, here! Instant gratification isn't always all it is built up to be. Congrats on the 300th post!

km said...

Happy New Year. Hmm. Instant gratification.... Well, delayed gratification is something I'm trying to teach the kids. If I ate every cookie or chocolate I wanted, well then...I'd be heavy. If I bought every ball of yarn I wanted, then I'd be in debt. And especially after watching my 3yo nephew pitch a fit after ordering food at a restaurant and not having it served THIS MINUTE...I definitely want my kids to know how to wait. Still...the yarn transporter...should be invented.