Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eeeeewwww!!!!

Today at lunch time I decided to check the e-mail account where I receive notification of blog comments. Now, I don't get a tonne of comments, which is just fine and rarely from people who I don't recognize by real name or blog name.
Today there was a comment on this post from a sender that I didn't recognize. I opened it up and read it. My first thought was "English is not this person's first language". So I clicked on their profile. I read it and was still thinking that there was enough there that it was possible that this person could be interested in my blog. So I clicked on their blog link...
I was very glad that my monitor faces away from my office door and that my door was partially closed. I felt the need to shower (which was impossible) afterwards. Eeeewww!!!
The comment has been deleted since none of you need to see that stuff and I know that sometimes I do click through to blog pages from comments that have been left on blogs that I read. I've also enabled comment moderation because of this.
I shudder just thinking about it! (And I'm no prude. Ick!!!)

6 comments:

km said...

That's just sad. How dare some rude people go and ruin a good thing for some nice knitters.

SissySees said...

Hmmm... my very quiet Tea swap blog got a similar comment earlier this week...

scappyhappy said...

That is exactly why I changed my site to monitor it for comments. I got a whole lot of "yucky" stuff some time ago...I agree...ewww...why should we be subject to the crudeness of others....I like my nice comments and hate to have to moderate them...but...well...enough said!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

the curious side of me wants to know what was Eeeeewwww. LOL. I'll get a random weird comment once in a while, too.

wildflower38 said...

I've gotten comments like that in the past and I know who my perv is. Thats why I have comment moderation too.

inukshuk71 said...

I've been monitoring my blog comments for that very same reason. I also got repetitive comments that meant nothing. Now at least I get to delete them and no one is the wiser. Good call :) Don't want to freak you out though... but you could be in the perv's blogroll... there's nothing you can do about that.