Monday, April 28, 2008

Oops - I Did It Again... (Coffee Swap Topic - Week #5)

Do you ever wonder where the time goes? I seem to have been sucked into some sort of time vortex this month... I managed to miss the week 2 topic for the Spring Fling Coffee Swap and now I've done it again with week 4. Let's see if I can get week 5 off to a better start.

You know with Spring the famous saying goes "April Showers, bring May flowers", please tell us what you like to do when those April Showers are pouring down on you. Do you like to curl up with your knitting, take in a movie or crawl back in bed?

To be honest, I haven't had to think about rain this year! We have had very little rain this April, which is probably just as well given how thick the snow packs were up north and the corresponding risk of flooding. It has been bad enough without the rain, but the rain could have made the situation quite dire. And if you clicked through to the article, you can see that that is exactly what is in the forecast...

What I like to do on a rainy April day depends on how warm or cool it is. If it is warm outside, I quite enjoy going for a walk in the rain. After winter, I enjoy the earthy sorts of smells that the spring rain brings. If it is cold, I like to curl up on the couch with my knitting, my boys and a good kid movie in the DVD player. Our all time favourites include Mousehunt and anything with Wallace and Gromit.

My package is coming together nicely. I really hope that my spoilee enjoys it! Since I'm away all of next week on mandatory work training I hope that the items I ordered from away arrive this week so that I can get it mailed... Otherwise, I will no way no how ever meet the mid-May arrival timeframe. On the other side of the coin, I'm feeling a little concerned about my spoiler... I've only ever heard from her once with the initial contact. Hey - spoiler, are you still out there? Perhaps you're someone who knows me and doesn't need to ask me any questions...??? I don't have anything to use to even try to guess who you might be!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Something about the way the earth smells in the Spring after rain is so comforting to me too. I like to watch silly romantic movies while I knit....too much action or laughter makes me forget to concentrate sometimes...