Thursday, April 10, 2008

Look What I Won!

Way back in December, when she was still Cynical Knitting Gal, (Not-so) Cynical Knitting Gal held a contest - and I won! I've had my prize for a while, and Not-so CKG knows that I received it, but I thought that I should share some photos. Look what I won: A skein of Trekking XXL sock yarn in very yummy browns that make me think of chocolate and coffee and some adorable Mary Engelbreit sticky notes.

I thought that the yarn deserved a close up to show off those colours. But here's a question: have I mentioned how much I like Mary Engelbreit before? Or was the inclusion of those sweet sticky notes just one of those things... Thanks (Not-so) CKG for a fun contest and a great prize!

4 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Wow, I love that yarn and the close up pic is really great! I had NO idea that you like Mary Englebreit. I love her too! I'm so glad you like your prize.

wildflower38 said...

Cool!

Busymom51 said...

Lucky, lucky you! That yarn is just gorgeous and Mary Engelbreit's wit and style is absolutely wonderful! She is one of my favorite designers EV-ah! Hope you are finally emerging from the cold snowy winter. Here in Maine we are crawling slowly into Spring but still watching over our shoulders for another snowstorm!!! Thanks for your comment on my post...glad you weren't offended by the "snow sculpture" pic.

Lisa said...

More stuff that I needed to know about you.....I love your description of the yarn.