Saturday, November 14, 2009

Normal Service

Attention all blog readers who may have survived my unexplained absence, we will now attempt to resume normal service...
I could try and claim that I had been abducted by aliens or was just recovering from H1N1, but the reality is that nothing in my life seems to be either simple or normal these days. Why? Who the heck knows!
Part of it may be that I'm feeling more than a little disgruntled with humankind in general in most aspects of my life. Ever since I started blogging, I have always posted a Remembrance Day post because I truly think that it is important to acknowledge the sacrifices that have been made, and are being made, to protect our way of life. This year I didn't. I couldn't imagine what was going through the minds of the people who did this the weekend before Remembrance Day. And then to read about thieves stealing poppy money? Too much!
And while I haven't really had H1N1, it hasn't been far from anyone's mind recently it seems. Here in New Brunswick, children under 18 have been identified as a priority group, so both of my boys have had their shots. Younger Son may have to get a second shot, since he is only 9, but at least we've started the process. Do I mind waiting in line to get my kids vaccinated? No. Do I mind waiting to get my shot? No. I am quite certain that there are others far more in need of the vaccine than a 45 year old woman who is in good health. Do I mind people lying so that they can get theirs'? Yes!!! Especially when it means that people who are either more susceptible to infection or more likely to be required to attend to people who are ill don't get their shot.
When I look at this overall, it makes we wonder about the state of our society in general. More and more we seem to be living in a world where individuals seem incapable of feeling and demonstrating compassion, empathy and basic morality. It makes me cranky! And I'm pretty sure that you don't all want to read cranky blog posts all the time. Sometimes - sure - but not all the time.
What's that? Knitting? Yes! I have been knitting. The problem is that I haven't been taking photos... I currently have a February Lady Sweater, a Flutter Scarf and some basic socks actively on the needles. I also have a pile of "to be photographed and blogged about items", too. Maybe I should go and plug in the camera batteries to recharge...
To anyone still out there, thanks for sticking around. I hope that you're all enjoying a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

SissySees said...

The sun is shining and I'll be taking the fur-girls for a long-awaited walk in a few minutes.

It's okay to be a cranky blogger sometimes. We do care what you're thinking/feeling, and I bet you'd find that others are disturbed by the ways of the world too.

sharon said...

cranky bloggers are welcome cause reality is we aren't always happy.
just take deep breaths and knit some more....

secret word was 'thadedin'
i think that will be my word of the week....