Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Self Portraits

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always found it very difficult to take photos of my finished socks on my own feet. Firstly, there is the whole perspective thing. If you're not careful, you end up with that whole freaky Citizen Kane kind of thing happening with your calves and let's face it, no matter how secure you are with your bdoy image, you don't want your calves to look like they're the trunks of mighty oaks. Secondly, there's that whole forgetting to shave your legs thing, thinking that no one will be able tell in the stitch detail shots only to realize that you are WRONG as soon as you publish the post and look at the photos. I live in a colder climate. No one much sees my bare legs for many,many months each year - so yes, maybe I'm a little lazy about it. Thirdly, since I do not have acrobatic training, shots of any interesting sole or heel details can't realistically be shown on my own feet. I'm too old to learn how to contort myself that way.
Not knitting a whole of hats for myself, I didn't realize that relatively speaking, feet are a piece of cake! Taking a picture of your own head? That is almost impossible! However, I hereby present to you my Little Red Cap. Yes, it is quite abit slouchier than the original, but I like how it looks and it doesn't give me hat head!

5 comments:

Ariel said...

CUTE!!!!

scappyhappy said...

Love that Hat....but where is that wonderful smile? LOL

km said...

You look lovely. I can really see the red hat brightening up all that white on the ground. Like a happy little spot.

I bribe my children for photos...just let them take 50 and there's bound to be a good one in the bunch. And they're young enough that candy or ice-cream works as payment.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I haven't visited you in so long. Love that hat. Hope you and yours are well!

Dorothy said...

It's gorgeous!