Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Christmas Knitting

Announcing my first finished handknit Christmas gift! Ta-da!!!

Pywacket socks for my SIL. Note the detail of the lace, how it looks like little pawprints. Yes, she is an animal lover. The yarn is the lovely Trekking yarn that I won earlier this year in (Not-so) Cynical Knitting Gal's contest. They were knit on 2.25mm needles, smaller than I would normally use but considering the lace, I needed something a little bit smaller. Since (Not-so) Cynical Knitting Gal is an animal lover, too, I really hope she'll be pleased with the end product. I was going to knit myself some "coffee" socks, but the yarn told me it was wilder and furrier than coffee... Mouthy yarn...

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Gorgeous! I'm so impressed. That yarn knit up really nicely. Thanks for the shout out.

scappyhappy said...

I love the pattern you used...it is so cute! Hidden in the lace, paws...who would have though?! you really do such beautiful work and you are fast.

Lisa said...

What a wonderful gift! The yarn is fab! Mouthy yarn indeed....