Monday, March 3, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Why isn't winter over yet? C'mon, it's been long enough already! Not only am I fed up with all the snow, cold, slipping and sliding, it's just really all bringing me down... It's especially bad when I see all of the ab-fab flowers that some of you Southerners have. One season? Two seasons? SOLD!!! So long as none of them involve snow, okay?
March came in like a lion in New Brunswick, so hopefully it will hold true to form and will leave like a lamb. Although in the meantime, our forecast for Wednesday includes 25 - 35 cm of snow. For any of you Americans, 10 - 14 inches of the white stuff. Nice, eh? NOT!!!
Just to give you a little perspective on my life tonight, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Moncton right now. Just me, my laptop and nothing much on TV. I'm only staying over one night, but I brought two knitting projects with me. I'm sure that there is some logic to it, but I haven't figured it out. I cast on the first of my SKP socks this evening. Any illusions that I had about competitive knitting died a very, very quick death when I logged on to get the pattern on Saturday morning only to discover that some of the European knitters had already finished their first socks! How fast do they knit?
I made good progress on my SOTSii stole over the weekend and am actually only 10 rows away from completing clue 7 and being completely up to date. Now if could have brought this with me to finish, but that would have somehow violated the aforementioned logic. Nope - I don't know how, but I'm sure that it would have somehow thrown my knitting universe off kilter and into a tailspin. Considering my winter blahs, I just didn't want to risk it.
It's March break for the kids this week and they're very much looking forward to a week off. I'm not quite sure why they need it considering all of the snow days they've had, but I guess that I shouldn't begrudge them some time off school. I'm planning on taking Thursday and Friday off with them. Mr. Me has suggested that we take the boys to Huntsman Marine on Thursday for a day out. Do you think that he'd notice if we accidentally ended up off course here?

6 comments:

km said...

I'm sorry for the snow. I can't say that I know how you feel. Does it help any that it's well over 100F here for months. It was even 101F the day I was married...in October. At least you can wear your handknits.

The Huntsman looks fun...I hope it's indoors.

I hope Mr.Me looks the other way while you shop...or maybe holds the basket. I think you deserve some Qiviut...since I just read it's 8x warmer than wool.

Could you email me your address. I'm updating my knitter's address book. Well, I'm starting one.

kasiaiscarly said...

I often wonder the same thing about some of the knitters I see on Ravelry with how fast they are and how much time they seemingly have to knit. A pair of socks overnight? That's just insane!

Tami said...

I feel for you! We are done with snow, thankfully, but it is still cold and gray and windy! yuck!.

I look at those that knit faster this way -- If I knit faster, I would have to constantly be buying new yarn to knit more things, and believe me, I already spend enough on yarn, I don't need to buy more:) So, by knitting slower, I am actually saving money! (whatever gets me through it, right?)

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are having more snow.....I have two spare bedrooms that are much warmer than most parts of the frozen north....Just Sayin.....

I'm with kasiaiscarly....who are these people and how can they do this? They must be pod people or something....

Anonymous said...

Hi Scavenger Hunt Swap Partner,
YUP you should be getting your parcel any day now. Guess I didn't post when I mailed it. LOL

wildflower38 said...

With all that snow you get to wear aran sweaters and socks you made for yourself.

The SKP is a personal challenge. I want to make 5 pairs of socks for myself. I was shocked when I got home from work Saturday morning and logged on to the site read messages about the 1st already finished. I think my hands would cramp up if I tried to knit that fast. lol :-)