Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's Back to Work I Go...

Yes - I'm back to the *real* world of work as of today. Not that I got much done... Rumour has it that the carpets were cleaned during my absence, which meant that everything was displaced from the floor onto my desk. It took me a while to find the desk! And then tomorrow is "Administrative Assistant's Day" so I can't imagine that much will get done tomorrow, and then I have a meeting on Thursday that will take a good chunk out of the middle of the day, and then it's Friday! I knew that there was a reason that I wanted to ease back in with a shortish week.
After six months of sitting in the same room with the same six people, getting up and putting on casual clothing, it really is quite a big change to get to sit in my own office and put on *big girl* clothes in the morning. The fact that there have been some pretty big changes in the office (walls, people, etc.) probably contributes to the contrasting environments. (Is that sentence grammatically correct? It doesn't sound right to me but I don't know how to fix it...) I guess that it will take a few weeks to re-acclimatize and figure out who some of the strangers are!

No comments: