Saturday, July 28, 2012

How I Spent My Day

I've been travelling more for work recently than I have in a while.  It is good in some ways, but bad in others.  On the bad side - paperwork tends to pile up on my desk...  And that is especially bad these days since I have been doing some additional "acting" work during the summer season.  While it is great experience, and I really do enjoy it, sometimes it can be a bit much.
This morning I had the best of intentions to go into the office and spend an hour or so tidying up a few things.  I needed to drop off  a vehicle anyways and was then going knitting. 
I got up.  I hung out laundry.  I put on a loaf of bread.  I got ready to go.  I drove into the city.  I filled the car with gas.  I parked the car.  I went to go upstairs to drop off the keys, only to remember that I had left my cell phone in the car.  Back down to the garage.  Back upstairs...
And this is where I completely and totally panicked:  I did not have my security passes (yes - I need two on the weekend) and my office keys!  I dumped out my purse.  I dumped out my tote bag.  I started to type an e-mail explaining what had happened to the person who was expecting to find the keys in the drop box on Monday - since I'm not going to be in the office Monday morning...
And suddenly, it occurred to me that I might have left said passes and keys in my jacket pocket from Thursday morning when I hit the road.  Cue a call home.  Younger Son answered the phone, and realizing that Mom was wound a little tightly, went and checked the jacket pockets for me.
Since Mr. Me had to come and get me later anyways, I arranged for him to bring the passes and keys with him...  So laptop over my shoulder and a stack of files in my arms, I headed to the yarn store.  I needed to go somewhere "safe".
Trish stashed my work stuff for me and I sat and knit until she closed.  It was a great way to spend a day - especially because there were lots of knitters, including some ladies from Boston who were on a cruise!  LYS...  Homing beacon...  Safe haven...  Love Yarns On York!
Not a great photo - but my "name tag" from today.  Funniest part: I forgot to take it off!  I wore it to the coffee shop afterwards...

No comments: